Mittwoch, 27. März 2024

Guest Contribution by Nick: Spire vs Old Dominion Lübeck League Match

Nick "Hickmix" from Lübeck provided me with a game report that I would like to share with you here:

Just before the end of the month, I finally managed to play my first league game, so here's a brief game report. My OD versus my Spires, which Tobi had borrowed. The following lists were played on Forlorn Hope:

=== The Last Argument of Kings ===
Liga 1 [2000/2000]
The Old Dominion

== Archimandrite [110]:
 * Legionnaires (3) [100]: Standard Bearer
 * Bone Golems (3) [210]:
 * Bone Golems (3) [210]:
 * Legionnaires (3) [100]: Standard Bearer

== (Warlord) Strategos [160]: Legio I 'Primigenia', Aventine Armor, Eternal Discipline
 * Legionnaires (3) [100]: Standard Bearer
 * Praetorian Guard (5) [285]: Standard Bearer, Profane Reliquary
 * Legionnaires (3) [100]: Standard Bearer
 * Kataphraktoi (3) [210]: Standard Bearer

== Hierodeacon [90]:
 * Legionnaires (3) [115]: Standard Bearer, Optio
 * Kanephors (3) [210]:


=== The Last Argument of Kings ===
Like nothing ever changed  [2000/2000]
The Spires
The Directorate

== High Clone Executor [130]: Infiltrator  Variant, Overtax Nervous System, Disperse
 * Force-Grown Drones (3) [90]:
 * Vanguard Clone Infiltrators (3) [170]:

== (Warlord) Biomancer [140]: Master of Flesh
 * Force-Grown Drones (3) [90]:

== Lineage Highborne [140]: Attracting Pheromones
 * Avatara (3) [165]:
 * Avatara (3) [165]:
 * Incarnate Sentinels (3) [210]:
 * Siegebreaker Behemoth (1) [190]:

== Pheromancer [100]: Avatar Projection
 * Stryx (3) [120]:
 * Stryx (3) [120]:
 * Brute Drones (3) [170]:

Round 1: While my Praetorian Guard as the only light units march towards the left zone, Tobi rolls 3 lights and positions his Force Grown Drones (FGD) with Biomancer centrally, followed by Stryx on both sides and Vanguard Clone Infiltrators (VCI) facing my Praets. Nothing out of the ordinary so far, except I need to be wary of the VCI. With the Mancer buffs, they can inflict significant damage and are difficult to punish with Stryx screening them.

Round 2:
Anticipating that Tobi wants to keep my Praets away from my zone by simply positioning Stryx in front of them, my Praets activate first with won initiative, equip themselves with Bastion, and march with 4 Stands onto the zone. Since his original plan doesn't work out, my teammate places his Stryx 1" in front of the Praetorian Guard. They probably wouldn't have dealt significant damage anyway, and thus, the Stryx block my Praets next round and bypass Aura of Death (AoD). What he doesn't expect, however, is that my Archimandrite also marches centrally with Legionnaires and promptly deals 10 damage to the Stryx. Additionally, 3 regiments of Legionnaires, including Hierodeacon, march to the right, Kataphraktoi to the center to threaten the marker, while Spires' Avatara sets up behind the VCI and Brute Drones + the second FGD to the right, and the VCI inflict a whopping 0 damage to my Praets with their first shot. Thanks to Tenacious and some dice misfortune. Fortunately, I won initiative at the beginning of the round, as the other Stryx fluttered into the right zone to deny it to me as well. So, we both manage to hold one zone each, and the score is tied 2:2.

Round 3:
In round 3, I liberate my right zone from the Stryx with a Legionnaires' charge into their flank and advance the other Legionnaires forward into Tobi's right zone to contest it and put pressure on him. Unfortunately, I forgot that I'm still at Dark Power level 1 and can't activate Memories of Old as a Draw Event yet, so they don't threaten the zone at all. Oops. Meanwhile, my Praets charge into the other Stryx on the left side, fortify themselves with Bastion, and my cavalry deals two damage to the marker. The Stryx burn due to the AoD of my Praets, which still managed to deflect every bit of damage. My teammate abandons the immortal block as a target and instead focuses on my Kataphraktoi by doubling the buffs on his VCI with Mancies and nearly shooting down 2 horses. On the right flank, the Brute Drones attempt to charge my Legionnaires but stumble over their untied shoelaces, rolling double 1s. However, his FGDs show them how it's done by successfully charging on a roll of 6. Finally, Tobi's last Avatara moves to the right, along with his Incarnate Sentinels and Siggi the Siegebreaker in the center. In response, I send Kanephors to the center as a counter and Bone Golems to the right, as well as Legionnaires to the left to secure the flanks and zones.

At the end of the round, we both hold two zones each, and the score remains tied at 6:6.

Round 4:
Now, initiative becomes crucial as I trigger my Supremacy, which I definitely wouldn't have almost forgotten, allowing my left Legionnaires to charge his ranged fighters with the free Reform. Charging with the Praetorian Guard would also work, but they would then be perfectly positioned for the Siegebreaker's counterattack. Unfortunately, I don't win the initiative, and Tobi completely shoots down my Kataphraktoi. My poor horses always seem to be the first to go without getting the juicy charge they deserve. In retaliation, my Legionnaires storm into the flank of the Infiltrators and destroy them, while the Legionnaires on the right disrupt the FGD and promptly get disrupted themselves by the Brute Drones. Well, that's what they're there for, and the Brute Drones are perfectly set up for the March-Reform charge of my Bone Golems. On the left, my Praets charge into his Avatara in hopes of contesting his zone but only manage to inflict a wound due to the annoying water terrain. In the center, my infantry destroys the weakened marker, Kanephors continue to advance to support the Praets, and the enemy Sentinels destroy the opposing marker.

Once again, this round, we both hold two zones each and have destroyed one marker. However, thanks to the fallen High Clone Executor, who was attached to the VCI, I take a 2-point lead. It's 15:13 in my favor.

(I unfortunately took the picture shortly after the start of Round 5, so it doesn't quite show the state at the end of Round 4.)

Round 5:
Once again, winning the initiative would have been nice, but unfortunately, I have to concede it to Tobi. As expected, he pumps his Siegebreaker full of steroids and sends him charging into my Praetorian Guard with Burnout and Unstable Enhancement. Luckily, there's still water to somewhat mitigate the damage, but Siggi with C4 still packs a punch... if the dice cooperate, which unfortunately – for Tobi – they don't this time. Only 7 wounds are inflicted, and my Praets stand with remarkably little damage. But unfortunately, that's not the end of it. Since Tobi activated the Siegebreaker with the help of the Biomancer, he can now also cast his next Biomancy spell- uh... mancery(?) and uses it to immediately activate his second elite regiment, the Incarnate Sentinels. Fortunately, with the fallen Praetorian Guard Stand, there's no good spot left for the Sentinels to attack. So, they reluctantly target the Kanephors. Here, the dice are a bit more forgiving to my teammate, allowing him to hit almost every attack. If the Kanephors weren't specifically designed to resist such attacks, things would have turned out bad for me. However, I only lose 9 wounds, of which I can restore 4 over the course of the round with a healer in tow. After the counter-attack of the Kanephors doesn't inflict much damage, Tobi withdraws his Pheromancer.

This cheeky fellow reduces the defense of my Bone Golems and activates his Brute Drones. However, before that, another Brute Drone dies to the AoD of the Bone Golems, allowing them to only knock out one Golem. Now that Tobi has fired all his heavy artillery this round, I can use the rest of the round to react calmly. On the left, his Avatara falls to the AoD and the attack of my Praetorian Guard, while the first Golems take down another Brute Drone, and the second Golems and a regiment of Legionnaires pin down his Sentinels.

With the loss of the second Brute Drone, the regiment is broken, allowing me to hold three zones and further extend my lead. With the score now at 24:15 in my favor, the battlefield strongly favors me, and Tobi is slowly running out of time pressure. After round 5, we conclude our game.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen