Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2023

Battlereport from the 3rd Badisch Conquest tournament. Game 2 Hundred Kingdoms vs W'adrhŭn (english)

Overview:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

It took a few days but here and now match report number 2 from Waldkirch!

After we had talked a lot the evening before and we were able to convince him to go from Switzerland (!) to the Sidequest tournament in Bremerhaven, Dominik aka Godar27 stood in my way and he had a Tontorr to cuddle with.

King Thunder [2000/2000]
== Scion of Conquest [105]: Death, Sacred Censer
* Chosen of Conquest 3 [250]: Standard Bearer
* Blooded 3 [165]: Standard Bearer, Champion <-- Scion

== Predator [105]: Death, Ceaseless Hunt, Marksmanship
* Slingers 3 [160]: <-- Predator
* Apex Predator 1 [190]:
* Hunting Pack 3 [125]:
* Raptor Riders 3 [210]: Huntress

== Warlord Chieftain [160]: Death, Death's Gaze, Violence of Action, Conquest 1
* Tontorr 1 [310]:
* Veterans 3 [220]: Standard Bearer, Champion <-- Warchief

My first game against the Tontorr and I heard bad things, but found other things on the list to be much more threatening. Starting with the Chosen of Conquest, the Hunting Pack and the Apex. When I scanned the list I was convinced that he was a fanatic, but that wasn't the case and I only asked five or six times to be sure. So Declined Flank was set up and off we went.

For him only the slingers appear and for me almost all the lights. Godar knows what he's doing and how to play against a wall of moderately good fire and waits for now. In round two there are no lights for him either and I take a comfortable 4 point lead because my Man at Arms got a banner especially for this scenario. Konrad tells us that the extra points for three zones are given even if one of the three zones is one of the ones selected for not scoring. At that point I still think it's not a problem.


I have a plan, Godar does too and he stands so that nothing can shoot. Then he gets everything except Chosen and Apex and I get Ashen Dawn and the Crimson Tower Block. We talk a lot, I shuffle my deck, we start and I wonder what cards are coming. At some point I'll take a look and see if there might be alcohol in my water bottle. I don't do much. He positions himself almost perfectly, loses a Stand Blooded and I lose two Stands Ranger. There's also a bit of damage to his veterans, the Tontor marches in happily and because of the "Hanna shuffle her Conquest deck thing" we also get lost in the rounds and bring our heavies in beautifully and incorrectly from the flank. When we realize this at the end of the round we decide to leave it like that and we both go to 6 points because I didn't want to put my killer ponies near the hunting pack.


Now it becomes relevant with the zones, I take the middle one on his side, he takes the one on the far right on mine. His Apex doesn't come, neither does my Crimson, I shuffle my deck again after building it, Godar shakes his head and tells me, I build my deck again and make sure not to touch it again. He starts, his raptors on the right eat my Man at Arms, are killed by the Ashen Dawn and with Move Charge his veterans and his Hunting Pack block my Crimson Tower. That's okay, because it gives the Chapter Mage time to shoot the Scion or its Blooded and the Todorr runs into my left zone with Conquest 1. Somehow the game breaks away from me and I feverishly think about a plan, but Hazlia never lets brave people in the lurch and after my officer rejected the Warchief's challenge, he and the Crossbows killed two Stands veterans in close combat or 8 damage was enough, which was still rather unlikely. That means they're broken, they don't score points and even though he'll take the lead, I now have a plan. The second Ashen Dawn are bursting under the Clay Torr, the murder ponies are slaying the Hunting Pack and I would like to get started.


Supramcy by Commander for Hardend. This time I'm paying very close attention to not shuffling my deck again and checking several times whether the cards are in the right place. We roll the dice, Godar starts and we discuss whether the Tontorr should charge the Crimson Tower or Ashen Dawn and I am of the opinion that the Crimson Tower brings more. But he needs the 5 and he doesn't want Move Charge. The Tontorr will kill the Ashen Dawn. I explain my doubts and he does it anyway. They get a total of 4 damage and do 10 to the Tondorr in return. My Crimson Towers do move charge against the Slingers because they're annoying and they all go home well, while my Crimson survive the Apex's attack with two or three lives. His veterans kill my officer, collect shit and are shot. Then I shoot and cast some on the Chosen of Conquest, move my second Crimson Towers to Move Charge range and we both score a zone.

My deck building takes longer because I'm trying to figure out how to win and I see a way where I can safely win by two points without rolling a lot of dice. He starts, I choose the zone of Apex and Tontorr, he chooses the far right so that the second Ashen Dawn stay at the back in the right zone and don't play. He realized that I only have three regiments left to hold the zones and starts with the Tondorr, that's how I win. Godar looks at me, I explain my plan, kill the Chosen, put stuff in the way of the Apex and kill the Tontorr too. Godar does the math and comes to the same conclusion as me, the only important thing is whether he can eat the last Ashen Dawn on the left or not. If not, I win higher. 20:18 for the valiant people of the hundred kingdoms.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen